Tuesday, December 2, 2008
My Packing Article
Have you ever gone on a trip and forgotten to pack something? I know that I have, and so have many other Cab Calloway students. I took a survey from different people who write the newspaper. Many of them said that they forget to pack deodorant most of the time. The good thing is that you can purchase deodorant at any convenience store. Some things like: your cell phone charger and contacts are things that you can just not refund easily. If you forget your cell phone charger you have some trouble and will probably get in a lot of trouble. It is easy to see that if you forget your contacts…well you can’t see. There are many ways that people could try not to forget things and the number one I recommend is to make a list about 1 week from when you leave for vacation so if you forget to add anything you will have plenty of time to add it to your list .The point I am trying to make is that people every year especially around the holidays go on vacation and forget to pack some important things. So when you are packing up your things don’t forget something that you will need!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Have you ever gone on a trip and forgotten to pack something? I know that I have, and so have many other Cab Calloway students. I took a survey from different people who write the newspaper. Many of them said that they forget to pack deodorant most of the time. The good thing is that you can purchase deodorant at any convenience store. Some things like: your cell phone charger and contacts are things that you can just not refund easily. If you forget your cell phone charger you have some trouble and will probably get in a lot of trouble. It is easy to see that if you forget your contacts…well you can’t see. There are many ways that people could try not to forget things and the number one I recommend is to make a list about one week from when you leave for vacation so if you forget to add anything you will have plenty of time to add it to your list .The point I am trying to make is that people every year especially around the holidays go on vacation and forget to pack some important things. So when you are packing up your things don’t forget something that you will need!
good job, literally no mistakes
Have you ever gone on a trip and forgotten to pack something? I know that I have, and so have many other Cab Calloway students. I took a survey from different people who write the newspaper, and many of them said that they forget to pack deodorant most of the time. The good thing is that you can purchase deodorant at any convenience store. Some things like your cell phone charger and contacts are things that you can just not replace easily. If you forget your cell phone charger, you have some trouble and will probably get in a lot of trouble. It is easy to see that if you forget your contacts… well you can’t see. There are many ways that people could try not to forget things and the number one I recommend is to make a list about one week from when you leave for vacation so if you forget to add anything you will have plenty of time to add it.The point I am trying to make is that people every year, especially around the holidays, go on vacation and forget to pack some important things. So when you are packing up your things don’t forget something that you will need!
Save the Earth in Your Spare Time
By
Molly Bado
With the recent out cry against America’s wasteful ways, caring for your planet and energy conservation has come back in style. Experts as well as the general populous have conflicting opinions about the phenomena call global warming. Weather it exists or not, the alternative being regional weather patterns changing, many a concerned citizen are jumping on the green bandwagon. But if you believe as I do that that Earth’s resources are being stretched to the breaking point, and something has to be done for the welfare of our planet. That raises the question; just what can I do, being a kid and all, to help the environment?
One good way to conserve energy is to turn off your computer. By completely shutting down your computer at night you save about 90$ a year. As well as having a roll in the conservation effort. The Department of Energy suggests that you shut your system down, if you don’t plan on using it in the next two hours. Monitors should be shut down after twenty minutes of inactivity.
You could also wash the laundry in cold water! Most machines have this setting, and most loads don’t need hot water. 90% of the energy used by washing machines goes into heating, when you don’t really need it.
Shopping online is a great idea, especially in the holiday season. Many sales are going on right now, including free shipping. Buying online eliminates the need for paper. ese online stores generally bigger selections of merchandise so you don’t have to drive around to find what you need. Instead of driving from store to store to get the best price you can just visit another website. Shopping online saves gas, money , time and conserves our precious fossil fuels.
When you’re printing out that article that is due tomorrow, why not print it green? By clicking print, going into proprieties and selecting finish, then checking the “Print on both sides” icon, you can save a tree! The U.S alone wastes about 27 pounds of paper per person each year! Save your money, and your landfill, print on both sides.
Going green or greener is realizing that you are not the only person in this world. These tips really make a difference. They also are not life altering actions. We really need a generation or two of environmentally conscience people, for the sake of the lifestyles we embody now.
All Done!
Post a Comment